Thanks to each of you for all the hard work you put into this year’s games. This year will be another great Spring Games for the athletes of Buncombe County. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Buncombe County Spring Games would not be possible without the sponsorship and support of Buncombe County Recreation Services.
Please keep in mind that Buncombe County Special Olympics Spring Games is a large undertaking managed by a very small group of volunteers. We do not receive designated funding for this event. We raise funding for this event as part of general fundraising; it is the single largest expenditure of time and volunteer resources each year.
We ask for your support by working to communicate efficiently and to minimize our administrative overhead. Clear information, presented in a timely manner is important. Providing information in the formats provided will enable us to streamline our process. Please limit handwritten and faxed information as this increases transcription errors and increases our workload. Please limit in-person deliveries to our offices; staff availability is intermittent and in-person deliveries create logistical challenges.
Register as a Contact
Please register as a school, class, or group contact so that reminders and information about other sports that your athletes might be interested in can be sent.
Contact Information and Office Address
Email questions and suggestions to email@example.com. The office phone number (828)250-4265 and the fax number (828)250-6715. Our in office availability is limited; please contact us in advance of visiting the office to ensure that someone is available.
Inclement Weather Date
Inclement weather date for this year’s Spring Games will be Friday, May 5, 2017. In the event of inclement weather, you can inquire if the Spring Games are postponed on May 4, 2017, call (828) 250-4265. You can also check our Facebook page. In the event that there is a cancellation, a recorded message will be available by 7:30 a.m. If there is no recorded message, the games will proceed as planned. Staff will not be able to return any phone calls made the day of the games.
Table of Contents
- Overall Event Information
- Schedule of Track and Field Events
- Feet to Meter Conversions
- Application/Participation and Release Form
- Opening Ceremonies Nomination
- Times & Distances Records (you must save these forms to your computer, click here for tips)
- T-Shirt Order Forms
- Lunch Order
- Forms Checklist
- Spring Games Time Line
- January 27, 2017 – Athlete, school volunteer, and teacher t-shirt order due
- January 27, 2017 – School/Organization Registration due
- February 17, 2017 -Athlete Participation Forms due
- February 24, 2017 – Athlete Event Registrations due
- March 24, 2017 – Family and Fan t-shirt Orders due
- March 24, 2017 – Lunch Order due
- March 24, 2017 – Opening Ceremonies Nominations due